Overcoming an addiction to drugs or alcohol is an extensive process that will vary from patient to patient. Therefore, it is important to seek addiction treatment through a center that will treat every patient as an individual rather than relying on a one-size-fits-all approach. Retreat Premier Addiction Treatment Centers provides comprehensive rehabilitation programs with options including residential treatment, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs. Below, you can learn more about rehabilitation, which is the first step in establishing a healthy, sober lifestyle.
What Is Involved in Rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation requires a multi-faceted approach for success because addiction is a complex disease with a number of influencing factors to consider.
- Assessment and detox – Following admission to our center, patients will undergo a psychological and physical assessment to determine their specific care needs. Should detox be a necessary component of your care, you will be under continuous medical monitoring in an inpatient setting for complete safety and comfort.
- Individual therapy sessions – Drug and alcohol addiction often coexist with psychological issues, which may be tackled through individual therapy. One-on-one sessions will offer complete privacy and discretion to allow you to achieve personal growth through your counseling.
- Group therapy – Group therapy is another effective strategy for facing emotional issues associated with addiction, and it can also be an opportunity to learn new coping mechanisms from others who have been in similar situations. Because patients are separated into age- and gender-specific groups, they are able to communicate with peers for a more comfortable group therapy environment.
- Medication management – Medication may be used in a number of ways during rehabilitation. Certain medications may be beneficial for managing co-occurring conditions, while other medications are available to reduce alcohol dependence or act as mood stabilizers.
- Holistic therapies – Because our treatment centers rely on the philosophy of treating the whole person rather than simply focusing on the disease of addiction, holistic therapies are an integral component. Holistic therapies offered at Retreat include, but are not limited to: culinary, recreation therapy, yoga, gardening, art therapy, music therapy, massage therapy and equine-assisted psychotherapy.