Studies show that patients experience higher rates of recovery when family and friends are involved in their treatment.
Through our Family Education Program (FEP) at Retreat at Palm Beach and Retreat at Lancaster County, you and your family will learn the basic elements of addiction, as well as the tools and resources most associated with long term recovery. Our Family Education Program is designed to address the needs of both the patient, as well as the patient’s family.
Our FEP teaches about:
- What codependency is and how it affects the patient and his / her family.
- The disease model of addiction – covers the impact on physical and emotional health, as well as the progression of this illness
- The family disease – explores family dynamics, expectations, roles, and boundaries
- The early stage of recovery
- Communication skills
- The process of setting limits and boundaries
- Education about family member fellowships and support systems
- Information about how the patients can communicate with family members during treatment
- Information about other programs from Retreat Premier Addiction Centers